Kirch Wildlife Hot SpringsMay 10, 2016
All You Need to Know About McGill Pre-KindergartenMay 19, 2016
Big Warm Springs Duckwater, NV is located on Duckwater Shoshone Tribal Land on a remote stretch of Highway 379. To be honest, we were a little unsure of whether or not we would be welcomed into this tiny little community, but we were pleasantly surprised. We spoke with local law enforcement officers and citizens of Duckwater and felt extremely welcomed by all. This Sacred Ancient Indian Site is a unique part of Nevada. Please only visit this site if you intend to be respectful and leave no trace behind.
What Can I Do There?
Duckwater is an outdoorsman’s paradise. Upon turning off Highway 6, down desolate Highway 379 towards Duckwater, we were struck by breath-taking vistas. The land is surprisingly fertile. It was clear that cattle ranching and farming were the predominant sources of income for the area. Two of the other major attractions besides Big Warm Springs Duckwater, NV are wild horse viewing and the warm springs waterfall. The wild horses were just feet off the road and we were able to get out of our car and photograph them.
WILD MUSTANGS, DUCKWATER NV
WILD MUSTANGS RUNNING
BIG WARM SPRINGS DUCKWATER, NV WATERFALL
What Will I See?
Where Can I Stay?
This is a tough one. There were no established campgrounds or motels near this area. Lane’s Motel and Restaurant is your best bet. Lane’s is located in Lund, Nevada and is approximately 60 miles from Big Warm Springs in Duckwater, NV. More Info on Lane’s
How Do I Get There?
- To get to the Hot Springs from Ely, Nevada, you will head south on Great Basin Boulevard.
- Make a right turn onto Highway 6 at the McDonalds.
- Stay on Highway 6 for approximately 24 miles.
- Continue on Highway 6 past the Highway 318 junction. DO NOT TURN SOUTH ON 318.
- Continue on Highway 6 for approximately 28 more miles towards Tonopah.
- You will see THESE SIGNS:
- Turn right on Highway 379.
- Continue straight on Highway 379 for approximately 22 miles.
- Highway 379 will turn into a dirt road. You will know you are almost there when you see this sign:
- You will find Big Warm Springs Duckwater, NV on the left by the trees.
- DIRECTIONS TO THE FALLS: From the Warm Springs you will head back towards the town of Duckwater. Make and immediate right on Falls road. Follow this road past the school and the health center. You will see the falls on your right just past an old rock mason building.
White Pine Living hopes you enjoy your adventure. Share your pictures and experiences with us when you get home!